Apr 15, 2009

Web TV

It just occurred to me today that it'd be very miserable for me to live life without Internet & broadband these days. I spend a majority of my waking time connecting with others via the Internet, either for work or for leisure. I begin the day browsing through sites like Reuters, Bloomberg, CNBC, Yahoo, Gmail & Hotmail. As I get to work, I am still dependent on a broadband connection to read mails from co-workers & clients. Sometimes when work is slow, I am able to stream some videos from the net & watch them online. It could be TV programs (like some talk shows from Shanghai's China Business News (CBN) or Chinese series from Shanghai Media Group (SMGBB)) that were prerecorded or real time TV broadcasting (from CNBC & CNN Live). My main source of information is no longer from the TV or newspapers but instead it's from the web. In fact, there are so much resources out here that sometimes it is overwhelming to digest all there is out there! I'm very sure many of you agree with me on this.

Life has certainly changed in the last 15 years or so. WE will even more dependent on online interactions when the netbooks begin selling for less than $200 in a few more months. I can no longer imagine living life without the web! Can you? I probably will be in cold turkey if I'm out of the loops for 3 days! The first thing when we go on holiday is to make sure we lug our laptop with us. Either that, or our mobile. Upon checking into a hotel, we'll check with the front desk for broadband connection or wifi (these days, many 5* hotels make us pay for it!). It is now an essential, to own a laptop, I mean. The same goes for our smartphone. Life is never the same again!



Today's Video: Die Reise Der Pinguine (Marche de l'empereur, La) (Quacor), 筑梦2008 (Quacor)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers