Apr 14, 2009

Spring Momentum

It's that time of the year again when cherry blossoms brings in the Spring. Japan (especially Kyoto) is most beautiful at this time of the year. It's short-lived though, simply 2 to 3 weeks span each year when the Japanese celebrates life & its vulnerability. I love Japan at this time of the year. Been to Japan more than a dozen time, yet I never did once get tired of it. I guess I must have been a Japanese in my past life!

During my last journey to Kyoto, I had some rare encounters with the geisha and maiko. I even had myself dolled up as one & went around the temples for an hour or so. It was terribly difficult to walk on those Japanese Geta sandals! It was extremely fun & memorable to dress as a geiko though :-) I'd definitely do it again IF I get the chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers