Apr 22, 2009

My Lunch 'date' with Jet Li

Technically, I am not a fan of Jet Li's movies & not an idol of him in his acting capabilities.
His movies are entertaining enough & his acting good enough to be famous. Yet, I was not and am still not dying to catch his next movie.

BUT, as a person, he holds a great attraction for me. This revelation is a result of having watched an interview of him in Shanghai. From this 2 hours of interview (you'll need to understand Chinese to grasp the whole conversation which I'll try to upload here or link it to the site) and discussions about what he believes in, what he is currently venturing on, he has impressed upon me how similar we are in our believes & thought processes. That is a great revelation to me, to find someone out there whom I don't really know anything about for many years & then to instantly find that connection. On top of that, he convinces me about his cause. That is what most people would not be able to convince me of. & for that, I do admire him.

I shall not write to much about what his believes are here as I believe everyone has a chance to discover it for himself/herself (again, you need to understand Chinese to do so). It is a journey into one's core belief if you choose to watch these few videos. These videos have completely changed my prior perception of Jet Li the actor. It is the best interviews I've watched on CBN (China Business News, Shanghai) this year.

李连杰:慈善是一门生意(上)
李连杰:慈善是一门生意(下)
李连杰:天生我才必有用(上)
李连杰:天生我才必有用(下)


Note: You need windows player to play these videos.

P.S. This is the same review I posted on Lunch about Jet Li.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers