Apr 21, 2009

Let's do Lunch after VT


As some of you might have know, I was into travelogues many years ago. Spent majority of my waking hours on VirtualTourist. Made some great friends along the way too & got to see many parts of the world which I otherwise wouldn't have step into!

Well, the boss JR Johnson sold it off and is beginning to launch another site. So, he has invited me over to Lunch! Sorry about the delay of posting of this post. I've been otherwise engaged & have been investigating about the potential of Lunch. The verdict?

Lunch is still in its infancy. A beta version as it is appropriately labelled. There are some fine tunings (as with our selection on the menu when we go lunch) that need to be ironed out. And imho, narrowed its selection into groups (remember about going to a restaurant that offers too many selections to the extent that we are at a loss as to what to order? yep, i got that feeling after 2 days navigating the site & trying to write some reviews. It's a little big (even at this initial stage!) and in disarray. It definitely has potential. It'd be great if I get a map when I enter the compound though. At times, I feel lost! It's like going to WDW without a map! What exactly is Lunch? It's central theme is quite similar to VirtualTourist. A platform for interested party to voice themselves (in VT case, about travel & the travel relatede) on anything (literally under the sun) they are interested in. In other words, blogging & rating about whatever that caught your attention, be it good or bad. If Lunch is able to draw crowds & tons of audience who turn into writers, then it can be great site. The most crucial issue, imho, is how to manage the site when it gets real big & messy. Trust me, from my many years of experience on VT, it can be real messy (without even getting too big)! All in all, best of luck to JR Johnson! I hope you can make Lunch into our main meal of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers