Apr 2, 2009

What dreams may come


My life has not turned out anything like I had ever envisioned, back then in my teens & as recent as 2 years ago. It is a lot more colorful, a lot more unique & a lot more unmanagable. It has brought me to the entire world, brought me through riches & poverty, & brought me through heaven & hell.

My dreams have not turned out anything like I had ever imagined either. They were a lot more unrealistic, a lot more unexplainable & a lot more x-files. I had dreamed about being a Victorian lady in the "ice age", about being a bird taking flight, about living in the sea like Mark Harris in Man from Atlantis & about meeting upfront with Jesus & God (after being haunted by the Devil, in dreams, that is).

My love has not turned out anything like I had hoped for either. They (no, not he alone) have been themselves & brought me to the depth of my soul & humanity. They have appeared & left which in turn brought me to another new level of awareness about what love is all about & how deeply I can love a person. They have brought me joy and they have brought me tears. Most importantly, they have brought love into my life. And for that, I thank everyone of them.

My world has not turned out anything like I had ever thought about either. When I was young, I do not think about the laptop, about digital camera, about the iPod, about the iPhone and about the internet either (& these were the things I thought most in the last 10 years or so).
I have not thought about traveling, about jumbo jets (747 and now A380), about Virtual Tourist and much less about my websites & about blogging (the word didn't even exist until recently)!
As recent as just a few weeks ago, I have not thought about solar energy, about nanotechnology & about MP5. Now, I am beginning to think about them.

Yet, all my life and through many others, I have been taught about control. Control your budget, control your temper, control your life. Perhaps control is not such an appropriate word, manage would be a better one. So, we plan on managing our retirement, we plan on managing our relationships and we plan on managing how our lives will turn out to be. Especially now, today in the world. Survival of the fittest depends a lot on how you manage. President Obama is attempting to manage the sliding world economies, as with all the other leaders. Warren Buffet is managing his huge portfolio of investment to prevent it from falling off the cliff! And, I am managing my thoughts to prevent them from going into depression!!!

Wait a second, didn't I just write about control the first 4 paragraphs a few mins ago? Did I learn anything from my own life? Is there anything in life that turns out the way I had ever envisioned, imagined, hoped or thought about? NOPE!

So, I give up control (or manage) or plan a future. No, not just last year but for the last 10 years. By doing so, it has taken me to areas beyond my comfort zones, places beyond my map & people beyond my discriminatory self. What a life it has been & what dreams may come......................


(P.S. You think losing your job, losing your home and losing your sanity is a big problem? Well, let me assure you, I've lived through those worries back then about a decade ago & as recent as yesterday. I joked with my sis about this crisis most are having just last month! "It's nothing new, I've lived with it for 10 years", I said . And her joking reply was, "you are way ahead of time, sis"!

My point on this is that life doesn't have to end there simply because one is depressed or one is finding it hard to cope. It goes on as long as you allow it to go on. This crisis in the world has brought about one good thing as far as I'm concerned. In the past, I heard many lamented that they didn't have enough time on hand. Many had not seen their family, relatives or friends for a long long time. Now, they move back home to live, they stay with relatives or they look for friends for help. That in essence has brought people together. That is the greatest thing that has arised due to this crisis! And I thank God for it!

Back to the basics of what a society should be... we live, we laugh (try, ok?) & we love!

For those who despair, do not! Ask for help from whoever you know or even do not know. Life may still shower you with blessings you've never considered before. For those who have the ability to help & are willing to, this is your greatest opportunity in life! Only when we are able to ask for help & give help do we experience what humanity is all about. That is when you are truly given the most precious gift of your life! I'd like to take this opportunity to thank my personal friend Nancy for all her help, support & encouragements. Thank you very much, Nancy! You are the best friend anyone could have asked for!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers