Apr 30, 2009

Made in China, MP5 & Chinese Audience

I have been downloading videos from the Internet recently & watching these videos on my MP5 while heading to & from work. MP5 are cool machines which anyone ought to have! I highly recommend one to you. There are a great many gadgets from China which one cannot find outside China, yet these are gadgets which are sold at a fraction of what similar products are selling in the world. Sometimes, they are called Shanzhai 山寨机 (akin to imitation) gadgets. (Last week I read about Shanzhai Green is People!; a blog related to this issue.) Even though Shanzhai gadgets may seem like imitation goods, they are quite something if one is not brand conscious & prefer not to pay for the extra which is mostly channeled to the distribution & marketing segment of a product cost. For example, I also own a similar version of an iPhone but with an improved function which I truly need, the dual-SIM card phone! These are great stuff!

The videos I've been watching are mostly Chinese documentaries & talk shows; TV programs which are broadcasted daily/weekly in Shanghai. Most of these shows are from CBN (China Business News, aka 第一财经). Oops, I forgot to mention, you do need to understand Chinese in order to watch these programs! There are a great many programs from this Shanghai based channel which I thoroughly enjoyed when I was living in Shanghai. When I left a month ago, I was dreading about having to miss these weekly programs which I had grown used to watching. Luckily for me, I found them online! The full length programs, every single one of them & more (past programs dating back to 2007 even)! It's truly amazing to find programs one likes, let alone something from this country! On demand TV without having to pay a single cent! I couldn't believe it when I first found them online! I believe the Chinese does this to educate its public and to facilitate the transfer of knowledge. It's no wonder their learning curve accelerated at such a speedy rate!


Favorite Programs:
Brainstorm 头脑风暴
Fortune Time 财富人生
Boss Show 波士堂
There's No Free Lunch 谁来一起午餐

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers