Apr 8, 2009

Cloud Computing

I was on the flight from Singapore to Kuching, Sarawak, East Malaysia this afternoon. It was a short flight & all I had to entertain myself with other than my MP5 is the Straits Times. One article in particular caught my attention. It's about Cloud Computing. As I looked out of the window on the plane, I wonder if the person who coined the term Cloud Computing thought of it while on a plane too. We now have so many terminologies which have never existed a decade before! If one has been in coma for an extended period (say 5 years or more) and wake up today or tomorrow, he/she will be in for culture shock!

In finance, CDO, CDS, call & put option, ELN, ETFcovered warrants, mini-bond, virtual crash.
In technology, Y2K, SIM card, iPhone, iPod, MP3/4/5, HDTV, on demand TV, wifi, mobile broadband, google (as verb), PDA, netbook, blackberry, 3G, nanotech.
In marketing, B2B, C2C, B2C.
In travel, virtual tourist, A380, E-ticket.
In communication, Twitter, Digg, SMS, RSSFacebook, LinkedIn, Flickr.

Now, if you are still not confused, let's discover what cloud computing is!
Here's the answer...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers